Pages

Friday 8 January 2016

THE YEAR AHEAD: 2016




New Year creates a mix of feelings; Christmas is over for another year, January is only just beginning and summer seems all too far away. While it can conjure up some bitter-sweet feelings, the beginning of another year holds exciting possibilities and I’ve been thinking of some things I would like to do in 2016. Don’t worry, no resolutions that I won’t stick to ahead. This is more of a to-do list as it were. A putting-in-writing of some things, big and small, that I want to make happen in the year ahead.

Secure work for my Placement Year
Unlike the others on the list, this isn’t so much a goal but a must. As part of my degree I have chosen to do placement year that will begin in the summer. In this time I want to get as much PR experience as possible.

Save money for travelling                                   
Explains itself really, I have wanted to travel for a long time and in 2017 I hope to go travelling after I complete my placement year. Travelling is mighty expensive so I need to do some serious saving if I’m going to make it past the airport.

Write something for the University Magazine
Between the years of writing for essays, coursework and assignments writing has felt like a chore. Writing about what interests me on my blog rather than what will get the grade has let me enjoy it again. Now I want to write something for my university's magazine. I got in touch with the editor of the magazine before Christmas who told me that they’re always looking for contributions so I hope to actually write something for them in the near future.

Keep on top of my skin
Probably the vainest of all of my 2016 goals but 2015 was the year that I really got sick of my troublesome skin. While my festive diet hasn’t had the best effect on my complexion my obsession with skincare is ever increasing and I am continuing to work with my doctor to tackle pesky break outs, from the inside and out.

De-clutter
A clear out has been long overdue for a while now but it wasn’t until I was trying to put away the things I’d received at Christmas that I realised that I am hoarding so many unnecessary things. It’s the same in my room in my university room. I have papers stuffed everywhere, clothes I never wear and products I never use, this is the year that I show them the door (or charity shop).

Stay organised
The bigger work load of second year has had one positive effect, and that is that I’m forced to be more organised. By that I mean I write everything in my diary and a new to-do list notebook fills me with all sorts of glee. 2016 is going to be an important and busy year and I need to be organised. Any excuse to buy new stationery…

Continue blogging…
My blog isn’t even half a year old but I am looking to the year ahead. Working on and then uploading a blog post is so satisfying and when I have the time between university work I really enjoy blogging. I won’t put any dates or figure on it but I’m excited to document the next year on my little internet space. 

“For last year’s words belong to last year’s language and next year’s words await another voice”

Here's to 2016!




No comments:

Post a Comment