Pages

Wednesday 22 July 2015

MY ANTICIPATED MOVIE RELEASES: JULY, AUGUST & SEPTEMBER

Let’s talk movies. One of the reasons I started this blog was so I could have a space to nerd out about one of my favourite subjects. While I’m not very confident in writing straight reviews, I did write down my thoughts on Jurassic World which you can read here. I’ve decided to start a new series in which I look to future months and talk about the upcoming releases that I eagerly await.

Photo Credit: worldsciencefestival.com

Inside Out
UK Release Date: 24/07/15

Pixar very rarely fail to deliver to high expectations. From recent reviews, Inside Out looks set to be another family hit for the animation studios. Like most Pixar productions, the marketing for Inside Out has been long and extensive, the first teaser appeared in October then another in December of last year. With over 20 million views on the second teaser trailer, it’s safe to say that the original concept of the movie quickly sparked interest for Pixar fans.
I may be nearly 20 years old but that is was Pixar do best, creating animation that is not only perfect for children but wildly entertaining for all ages.


Photo Credit: ign.com

Fantastic Four
UK Release Date: 06/08/2015

Remember the days when the summer months didn’t equal a new superhero movie? No? Me neither. Admittedly I am a huge fan of super hero movies. Between the two marvel offerings this summer, it is the reboot of Fantastic Four that has caught my interest over Ant Man.  When I first saw the 2007 ‘Fantastic Four’ I actually really liked it. Granted I was about 10. Unfortunately these positive opinions have fallen victim to the time I’ve spent reading and watching people much more knowledgeable about comic book movies than me. Now I see the bad casting and how the flick let down source material fans and movie goers alike.
The trailers have set a very interesting tone for this reboot. The arrival of a much younger cast seems to be well fitted to the titular foursome, compared to the prior cast offering. Especially the casting of Miles Teller as ‘Reed Richards’, I’m yet to see a bad performance from Teller (did someone say Whiplash?).


Photo Credit: wegotthiscovered.com

Legend
UK Release Date: 09/09/2015

Directed by Brian Helgeland, Legend is based on the true story of Ronald and Reginald Kray, the twins will be played by Tom Hardy. Honestly the peak of my interest in this crime drama comes from my lack of knowledge about the Kray Twins. In true lazy girl style, I’ll be learning some modern British history from the big screen. It’s also nothing new to say that Tom Hardy is a great actor, Lawless outlaw ‘Forrest Bondurant’ and Batman Nemesis ‘Bane’ are among my favourite Hardy roles, so the idea of him carrying two lead roles is very exciting.


Honourable Mentions: Trainwreck, Southpaw and The Martian 


No comments:

Post a Comment