Pages

Monday 30 November 2015

THIS PAST WEEK #17 HOME COMFORTS


It is three and half weeks since my last 'This Past Week'. Since I started my blog that is longest I have gone without my usual Sunday (more often Wednesday) post. I have missed it. 

Unfortunately this will be another post where I tell you that I haven't blogged because of being ill. Throw in two assignment deadlines and you've hit the no-post-jackpot. 
My old friend tonsillitis came back just over three weeks ago and as I tried to work through an assignment I was getting sicker, even with the prescribed anti biotics, I just wasn’t getting any better. It was one of the worst weeks, assignment stress and my throat being so sore was stopping me from sleeping properly. During that week I felt the lowest I had ever felt during my time at university. I was pretty much on the brink of crying at the smallest thing. After a visit to the walk in centre and another week of antibiotics, I am finally back to health. I would like to stay that way for the rest of 2015 please.

While I’d managed to get myself back to health from the comfort of my student house, I was massively in need of some home comforts. I have few complaints about my student life in Sheffield but sometimes you just need to go home, sleep in your bedroom of five years and eat a Sunday roast. My decision to quickly book a train ticket on Wednesday was definitely a good one.

After a week off from lectures and seminars to allow myself time to get back to health, I don't mind admitting that last week I struggled to fully concentrate on Uni work again. I write this on my way back to Sheffield from my weekend at home while also writing a to-do list of things to complete before I see home again for Christmas. Having time to properly recharge my batteries at home has made feel so much better about the next three weeks which I foresee being very busy. 

I hope you have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment