Pages

Sunday 1 November 2015

MY ANTICIPATED MOVIE RELEASES: NOVEMBER

Photo Credit: imdb.com

Steve Jobs
UK Release Date: 13/11/15
  
I am an indifferent fan of ‘Apple’, by that I mean that I love my iPhone but don’t think too much about the iPad shaped hole in my life. What does interest me is the story of the man behind the biggest brand in the world. With his Oscar winning screenplay for ‘The Social Network’ Aaron Sorkin proved he can craft an exciting drama from the true stories of the most successful technological entrepreneurs. ‘Steve Jobs’ may have had its fair share of production problems, including the loss of David Fincher as its director and Leonardo DiCaprio as its lead to name but a few. Problems aside, trailers have set up an exciting drama. With the likes of Danny Boyle, Aaron Sorkin and Michael Fassbender at the helm, ‘Steve Jobs’ has the opportunity to be the Jobs biopic that the career of the Apple CEO deserves. 


Photo Credit: imdb.com

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2
UK Release Date: 19/11/15

Like the rest of the world it seems, I can’t wait for the concluding instalment of 'The Hunger Games'. Not because I’m ready for the franchise to be over but because the trailers have promised an explosive conclusion deserving of the dystopian epic. Without spoiling anything I loved the way Suzanne Collins finished her trilogy and I’m excited to see how it plays out onscreen. It will come with some nostalgic sadness since this will be the last time that Jennifer Lawrence adorns the Katniss Everdeen bow and braid.
 

Photo Credit: imdb.com

Bridge of Spies
UK Release Date: 27/11/15

For a thriller by Steven Spielberg,' Bridge of Spies' has flown well under my radar. It wasn’t until the trailer ran before I watched Spectre at the cinema last week that my interest was piqued. Bridge of Spies follows James B. Donovan, played by Tom Hanks, a lawyer recruited by the CIA during the cold war to defend artist Rudolf Abel who has been arrested on spying charges. The smart, do-gooding, decent insurance lawyer seems the perfectly fitting  for Tom Hanks, the ultimate movie good guy. As for the actor/director partnership between Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg we need only look to the likes of ‘Catch Me If You Can’ and ‘Saving Private Ryan’ to get high hopes for this espionage thriller. 


What will you be heading to the cinema for this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment