Pages

Tuesday 17 May 2016

MY ANTICIPATED FILM RELEASES: MAY 2016

Image Source: imdb.com
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
UK Release Date: 13/05/16

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is based on the true story of Kim Barker (Baker in the film), a journalist who reported on the war in Afghanistan for three years. It stars Tina Fey, Margot Robbie, Martin Freeman and Billy-Bob Thornton. A story about a journalist’s time reporting in a war zone isn’t the most obvious sell as a comedy. But, if I’m going to get excited about a comedy, Tina Fey as lead is a big help. My hopes for this fish-out-of-water story are that it will strike a balance between humour and heart. Luckily, the trailers so far have kept my hopes high.

Watch the trailer here.

Image Source: imdb.com
X-Men: Apocalypse
UK Release Date: 18/05.16

The X-Men are my favourite characters in the Marvel Universe. From the slightly dated ‘X-Men’ from 2000 to ‘Days of Future Past’ in 2014, quite simply, I just love X-Men films. X-Men: Apocalypse sets to up the ante of previous instalments, new cast members and new imaginings of beloved characters mixing with the usual players to face-off against a colossal scale villain. It’s a film I’ve been anticipating for a long time and can’t wait to see. 

Watch the trailer here.

Honourable Mentions: Bad Neighbours 2 and I Saw The Light

What has caught your eye this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment