Pages

Sunday 23 August 2015

THIS PAST WEEK #8 TWENTEEN


Todays ‘This Past Week’ is a particularly special one… TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!

Goodbye teenage years, I’m in my 20’s now. I celebrated my birthday on Friday in Sheffield with a house party and a night out. I hope a good night was had by all. It was honestly such a nice way to see out 19, I got to catch up with my house mates and university friends who I haven’t seen in weeks or months. It was a joint birthday bash for me and my housemate Anna who turned 21 just over a week ago. I hope you’ve had a great birthday Anna.  My actually birth-day has been a very chilled affair, I travelled home from Sheffield with one of my best friend’s Rebecca this morning and once home I opened up my birthday cards and gifts and blew out the candles of my second birthday cake of the weekend. My sister, my mam, my dad and I pretty much always have the same birthday cake. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. My mam has the chocolate birthday cake down to a T. 



I have received some lovely gifts for my birthday, including this silver hummingbird necklace from my Mam and Dad. I have wanted a simple necklace that I can wear every day for a while now and when I saw this ‘Lily Charmed’ beauty I knew exactly what would go on my birthday wish list. Apart from the occasional statement necklace I generally prefer simpler jewellery that I wear day after day. I love how delicate and understated this pendant necklace is. I also received some movie poster art prints that I can’t wait to put on my university room walls. I’ve thought about starting a collection of poster prints for a while and these ‘mini posters’ are the perfect size for framing or just adorning the imperfect walls of my student bedroom.


 I have to give credit where it’s due and give a mention to the cracking present from my friend Lucy. ‘Is that a Poldark cushion’? I hear you ask. Why yes it is. Now who wouldn’t want soft furnishings with Aiden Turner’s beautiful face printed on them?
I thought about talking about all of things I want to do in my twenties in this post but there would just be so much to say. I want to graduate University, get a job in public relations (ideally within the film or TV industry), go to comic con (don’t judge me), travel through Europe, go to a music festival, go to Asia, America, Australia… This isn’t a bucket list so I’ll stop there. Maybe I’ll save that for another post. 

I hope you have all had a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment