Pages

Monday 16 May 2016

THIS PAST MONTH: APRIL 2016


I’ve been racking my brains to think of what I did in April for about ten minutes now. If I’m honest it'a a bit of a blur of the university library, deadlines and squeezing in as much fun before the academic year ends. April was a busy month, lecture and seminars may have finished for another year but the work was only just beginning as I became no stranger to ten hour stints in the library. I write this now with free time aplenty, well until I start my work placements (more on this next month), I’ve handed in all of my assignments for almost a year and a half I will not be at university which is kind of scary.


At the beginning of April I worked on my project for a module on TV news. The task was to put together a short news package on a story from the South Yorkshire region. I chose to film and interview a dog owner who had won an obedience title at Crufts, also delivering a piece to camera while holding the award winning pooch. Note to self: you’re already shaky in front of the camera, a small dog licking your face while you try and say a line does not help.  Co-star aside, I’m very proud of the finished TV package and I’m happy for any opportunity to build on my camera and editing skills.

April definitely wasn’t all work and no play. The wonderful thing about the impending placement year and not knowing when I’ll see friends again is the splendid excuse it provides for fitting in nights out between essay writing. You’ve got to take advantage of the time you have and all that. In the middle of the month I also spent a day in London. My friend Lucy had a job interview so I tagged along for some whistle-stop sight-seeing once the interview was over. Travelling there and back in the same day may have meant that we only had six hours in the capital but we managed to pack in Oxford Street, Carnaby Street, Westminster, Buckingham Palace and Covent Garden.


To make up for the terrible blogging month that was April I am attempting to post every day this week, so look out for new posts daily!


I hope you’re having a great May!


No comments:

Post a Comment