Pages

Wednesday 1 June 2016

THIS PAST MONTH: MAY 2016 + NEW NAME?


Something is different around here… That’s right; there’s been a name change. I have never been happy with my blog being called ‘Amie’s Space’, I never wanted to have my first name in my title and I also never felt like the title really resembled what the content for my blog was. I have wanted to change it for a while but it has taken me almost a year to think of something I wanted to change it to. I wanted a title that allowed me to write film and entertainment content but allowed room for me to write some more personal and lifestyle related posts. Last week I finally decided on a new name. For those wondering, a contemporary ‘B-Roll’ describes supplemental or secondary footage that helps tell a story, sometimes this includes behind the scenes and unedited footage. Obviously having a film related term fits perfectly when I post film related content. But this title leaves room for posts, such as this one, that are more personal, posts that are unedited and tell you more about me, the person behind the blog. So welcome to 'The B-Roll' I hope you like what you find. 

May was the month where I fully finished my second year of university, all assignments were handed in and much celebration ensued. I also spent a week at home at the end of the month, heading home to dog-sit while my Mam and Dad were on holiday. Going home to see my family and friends from home was a welcome break. One of my favourite parts of May was my week of blogging every day. I finally got my blogging mojo back! I don’t mind admitting how much of a slacker I’ve been with my blog for the majority of this year, I’ve struggled to find the incentive to blog around university but setting myself the simple challenge of posting every day really helped me to come up with new ideas and stick to a schedule no matter what my other commitments were. I covered a few topics including my second year of PR and Media and film reviewing. I also reviewed X-Men: Apocalypse, you can read it here. I’m going to try my best to keep posts coming while I have a lot of free time.


Speaking of free time, I have caught up on a lot of my favourite shows. I have particularly loved ‘The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ and ‘Penny Dreadful’.  These two shows couldn’t be more different but they are the two that I loved the most in May. Kimmy Schmidt is a quirky and hilarious comedy written by Tina Fey and Penny Dreadful is a Victoria set Gothic Horror Drama featuring some of the most iconic of Gothic literature characters including Victor Frankenstein and Dorian Gray. I’m currently working on another list of my favourite binge-worthy TV shows; look out for a post coming soon.

So what does June look like? Marking the beginning of my placement year, I will be working on a project with a Sheffield based theatre. The project is mainly video based and I’m excited to start. I will be producing a short promotional film similar to ones I’ve worked on before with my friend Lucy. This will actually be the first time I film and edit the video independently which will be a little strange. I will also be moving out of my student house at the end of the month, honestly I can’t wait. Flash back to last July and I proclaimed how much I loved my new house but the novelty wore off fast once university started. Now I’m more than ready to leave this house and the unreliable letting agents behind.


What are your plans for June?



No comments:

Post a Comment