Pages

Monday 6 June 2016

MY ANTICIPATED FILM RELEASES: JUNE 2016

For the first time in a while I am very excited about the summer line-up at the cinema. Here are my top two picks for June. While much-anticipated ‘The Nice Guys’ is not mentioned on this list. As I write this I have actually already seen this comedy come mystery come crime thriller, so look out for a review coming soon.

Image Source: imdb.com
Me Before You
UK Release Date: 03/06/16

Based on Jojo Moyes’ best-selling novel, Me Before You is the story of Louisa Clark, A small-town girl who accepts a job as a carer to a recently-paralysed man, Will Traynor. I read the novel at the beginning of 2015 and absolutely loved it and in general I really love Moyes’ writing, however when I saw the first trailer I wasn’t at all excited by this adaptation. To me the first trailer revealed way too much of the plot and didn’t reflect the source material in the way I had imagined. Now, I’m on board with this film; Jojo Moyes is behind the screenplay, new glimpses show a faithful adaptation with a really great cast and most importantly the message of the book is present throughout. While it may break my heart, I’m very excited to see Me Before You. 

Watch the trailer here.

Image Source: imdb.com
Finding Dory
UK Release Date: 18/06/16

Finding Dory looks completely adorable, it’s a blast from the past, thirteen years after the huge success of ‘Finding Nemo’. Fun fact: the first DVD I ever owned was Finding Nemo… Pixar has a lot riding on this as they haven't had the best track record with sequels recently but I’m sure this tale of everyone’s favourite forgetful Blue Tang will change that record for the better.

Watch the trailer here.

What film are you most excited for this summer?



No comments:

Post a Comment