Pages

Sunday 18 October 2015

THIS PAST WEEK #14 THE PRETTIEST VILLAGE IN ENGLAND


My Mam always says that bad things happen in threes. I think that unfortunate rule of three has struck me this week. On Monday I dropped my iPhone 6 on the floor at the end of a lecture and the screen broke. I will admit that I am quite clumsy and its little wonder it hasn’t happened earlier but having a large crack in the right hand corner of my screen and the expense that follows is not a great start to the week.   

Wednesday began with a perfectly innocent plan to make macaroni and cheese for dinner. Unfortunately, after cooking at lunchtime and then not refrigerating before reheating to have again at dinner time I got food poisoning and spent Wednesday night hanging over my bedroom sink (yes, sink). Now the idea of what was once one of my favourite foods turns my stomach. Since moving back to university, a little over four weeks ago, I have had tonsillitis, a cold and now food poisoning. Throw in a few hangovers and nights of poor sleep and you’ll understand why I’m feeling so happy to be fully healthy again. I’ve mentioned how hard it is being away from home when you’re feeling ill, either in a student house or halls of residence. There is not much worse than feeling very poorly while listening to eight healthy people just outside your door. I had planned to have such a productive week and it is so frustrating when something puts the brakes on that. Being ill on Thursday also meant that I had to miss a ‘crash course in creative writing’ at Hallam FM. I attended an hour long session on ‘Delivery Drive Time’ radio at Hallam FM on Tuesday which was really interesting. It was really annoying to miss the session on writing, as interesting as radio is creative writing sits much more with my career plan. C’est la vie.

Finally, on Friday my watch stopped and I need to replace the battery. Not exactly a disaster but for the sake of this silly rule, let’s hope that’s the third shall we?

This weekend I visited my sister and her boyfriend where they live in Warwick with my parents and our doggy.  It was a very nice weekend, perfectly relaxing and autumnal to recharge my batteries and see my family.


On Saturday we visited Bourton on the Water, the small village was once awarded the title of ‘prettiest village in England’ and is known as the ‘Venice of the Cotswolds’. As promised it was extremely pretty. A very photogenic place, even with my limited photography skills, I hope you enjoy the photographs I’ve included in this post.   


Although the day was very cold so after a walk around the winding streets and in to many gift shops we retreated to a small cafĂ© for tea and cake. I only wish that I’d been fully recovered from my food poisoning and could have enjoyed it more. When I utter the words ‘I don’t fancy tea’ you know there is something up. Like everyone I hate being ill and I’m impatient to get over it and get back to doing fun things. This often means that I push myself to do things before I am fully well, mostly doing more harm than good.  On Friday when my stomach was still raw, an incredibly rich sausage and mash with red wine jus is probably not the best idea. 

It's never too early for Christmas when your ornaments are this pretty...

A little gift from my Mam; my favourite A.A. Milne quote

As university work kicks in I have recently neglected my blog but I am keen to get organised and have many new posts planned, watch this space for a Halloween themed post coming next week.

I hope you’ve all had a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment