Pages

Sunday 4 October 2015

THIS PAST WEEK #13 FREE TEA, HAPPY ME


Shout out to Lucy for coming up with the title for this week’s post. It’s a good’un.
Let’s get extremely British right here. I got a free cup of tea today and it was the best.  It may have required that I pretend to be part of the university open day (that I’m a second year student at) but it was so worth it. Going to the library on a Sunday morning isn’t so bad.

Tea anecdote included, I have had a splendid week. On Monday I went to a kick boxing class with a couple of my housemates. I have never been sporty and have never tried kick boxing or anything like it so I was very nervous when we walked in to the boxing gym and I felt completely out of place. The hour long class was absolutely knackering and it took me until Thursday for my legs to recover. For a good three days stairs were my worst enemy. It is such a good way to keep fit though and builds up upper body strength. I’m going to try the class a couple more times to see if I enjoy it more but maybe Zumba is more my forte?

I find exercise classes much better than going to a gym, it is too easy to pay for a gym membership and never utilise it. I made myself go at least twice a week in the spring but I will admit that, with nobody to push me, I would often stand on the cross trainer texting. My thumbs are in great shape.
Last night I went see The Wombats perform at Plug, a Sheffield night club. I’ve heard from a few people how good they are live and the gig was really good. They played a good mix of tracks from their new album ‘Glitterbug’ as well as the older crowd pleasers. I don’t go to many gigs since I don’t pay attention to tour announcements or ticket sales but last night was a lot of fun. 


Post library (and did I mention the free tea?) this afternoon I went out for lunch with some friends. What do you need to finish of a great week? Answer: a delicious Sunday roast. Being away from home makes me appreciate a Sunday roast more than I ever used to. We went to ‘Anchorage Bar’, an American East Coast style bar in Sheffield city centre. It was a lovely place to eat, comfort food at its best with reasonable prices and friendly staff. It was a Sunday treat that didn’t break my student budget.

I hope you have a fab week!


No comments:

Post a Comment