Pages

Wednesday 28 October 2015

THIS PAST WEEK #15 WHO YOU GUNNA CALL?


I’ve kicked off my Halloween week in the right way, on Sunday evening I went to a showing of Ghostbusters at a local drive in. Seeing Ghostbusters at a drive in Movie Park was a lot of fun, for someone who preaches her love for cinema I will ashamedly admit that I hadn’t previously seen the spirit fighting classic. I am so excited for Halloween this year; I have had my costume planned for weeks now. I just hope that all my amazon and eBay orders that make up the costume will come on time. I’ll save the rest of Halloween talk for Sunday.

Last week I talked about how I had tried to be productive and failed miserably due to food poisoning. This week I have tried so hard to be productive, spending hours in the library to get through that to do list. Is there anything more satisfying than swiping out a point on a to-do list? Even if my lists mainly consist of ‘wash clothes’ and ‘write blog post’, still feels good. (I’ll apologise now for this post coming three days late, I have no excuse.) Recently I’ve felt like my life has been so busy and the weeks are flying by at an alarming rate. With assignment deadlines looming, searching for placements and work experience and actual fun stuff on top of that I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t worried that second year would get on top of me. I’m determined to not let that happen though, even if it means solid 8 hour stretches in the library. 

Being responsible has hit me with a brute force this past week, one of the jobs on that fateful to-do list was to email Sheffield council about wheelie bins. I employed my best PR and writing skills to craft a ‘strongly worded’ email about a lack of bin space, an issue that is a particular sore point in my house of nine people. My adult life apparently contains a lot of deliberating what can be recycled and the strict rules of waste collection. 

This gave me an idea for a post on searching for a student house that I thought might be helpful for any first year students reading who will beginning their search soon. I have been involved in a student house search twice in my life, I have only lived in one (my current home) but my search was far from perfect. It’s a little bit of a different post, straying from the film related, but I am going to try and write down my thoughts on the whole process. Look out for a post soon.

I hope you’re having a lovely week!


No comments:

Post a Comment