Pages

Thursday 3 March 2016

MY ANTICIPATED FILM RELEASES: MARCH 2016

When I’m looking at the release schedule for the next month to decide what films I'm really anticipating I usually pick out the films based on what I've already heard of, seen trailers for or who is involved in the film. I aim to pick out three films but this month I've chosen only two. While there are plenty of interesting releases this month I've chosen two films that I am genuinely excited for and can’t wait to see in the cinema, any attempt to pick a third would be pointless as all my attention is on these releases this March.

Image Source: hollywoodreporter.com
10 Cloverfield Lane
UK Release Date: 18/03/16

I never thought I’d be so excited for a sequel to 2008 thriller Cloverfield, but I am. Not that I wasn’t a fan of Cloverfield, it’s an excellent thriller that expertly navigates the difficult waters of a found footage format to produce a character driven story that is equally terrifying. By the look of the trailers this sequel will not be found footage so I’m looking forward to a new Cloverfield experience. If you haven’t seen the trailer for 10 Cloverfield Lane yet, I urge to you to watch it below and jump on this excitement wagon.

Watch the trailer here

Image Source: forbes,com

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
UK Release Date: 25/03/16

I have been excited for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice since its announcement way back in 2013. It’s always exciting to see reinventions of such familiar characters. Ben Affleck has big bat shoes to fill but from promotional material he seems to bring a new dynamic to the character that a lot of Hollywood’s biggest actors have had a go at. I’m also one of the few people who have always been on board with Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and Gal Gadot will be stepping out as wonder woman – the characters first big screen appearance. My hopes for this superhero showdown are that it will ride high on the Batman popularity after Christopher Nolan’s epic trilogy while bringing much needed likeability to the Man of Steel. However Zack Snyder has an uneven track record and his films are often more style than substance. Batman v Superman has also committed one of the worst crimes a film can make as it appears to reveal the whole plot of the film in the trailers. In the end, even with trepidations, I'm still going to be rushing to the cinema upon its release. 

Watch the trailer here

What will you be watching this month?



No comments:

Post a Comment