Pages

Wednesday 9 September 2015

CURRENT FAVOURITES #1


Avene Skin Recovery Cream
I’ve been on antibiotics for acne for just over three months now and I am finally noticing a reduction in the amount of break outs I get. However, as the spots heal I am left with some red marks and scarring. These will eventually heal with time but I recently started using Avene’s skin recovery cream as my daily moisturiser and I’ve noticed such a difference in the appearance of the scars. Avene is a French brand that focuses on sensitive skin so this cream contains only a few ingredients, no preservatives and no fragrance. This stuff is a 10/10 in my book. 

Sanctuary Spa 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask 
I love face masks, whether they actually improve my skin or not, I love doing them. Alas, I have found a face mask that feels great on my skin and visibly does it good. Charcoal is one of nature’s finest skin care ingredients. Whenever I see that a skincare product contains charcoal, it’s highly likely that my skin will love it. It may seem a little scary to be applying black goo to your face but charcoal is great for oily and spot prone skin. It cleans deep in to your pores, absorbing excess oil and dirt that can cause blackheads and blemishes.  This sanctuary mask is quick but effective, a perfect weekly skin pick-me-up. 


Orphan Black 
It was that time again; I was in need of a new TV show and Netflix had the answer. I’ve been meaning to watch orphan black for a while now but had always overlooked it. I will admit that it took me 2-3 episodes to be properly hooked as the plot is quite complicated. Now I absolutely love it. Its action packed and has such an amazing female protagonist. If you’re looking for a new show to binge on, I’d recommend giving Orphan Black a try.

Spotify 
This has been a favourite all year. When it comes to music I will admit that I am not the cool girl who knows all the new bands and albums. I’m usually the one who is jumping on to a singer’s band wagon three weeks after everyone else has. Spotify is one of the best ways to find new music, it constantly suggests new tracks and artists based on what you are listening to. My music taste goes from R ‘n’ B to Indie to Musical Theatre to whatever song I have stuck in my head so my play lists are pretty eclectic. When the mood strikes for ‘Defying Gravity’ followed by Kendrick Lamar, Spotify has got my back.

Empire Magazine
Reading film magazines may seem like an obvious thing to do for someone who nerds out over films as much as myself. Up until now it has never been something that I have gotten in to. I have previously bought Total Film magazine only to put it down after the first day to never pick it up again. I definitely prefer Empire. At £4.50 for around 150 pages it is at the pricier range of magazines but it is packed with reviews, on-set exclusives and cast interviews.



Lily Charmed Hummingbird Necklace
I received this necklace for my 20th birthday a few weeks ago and it has barely left my neck since. A small necklace is the most effortless way to accessorise for the everyday. For someone who can get lazy when putting together outfits, this small silver pendant adds a delicate detail to any outfit.

Film Poster Art
I've mentioned before how much I want to start a collection of film posters. While I'm living away from home as a university student it just isn't practical. That doesn't stop me from admiring the lengthy wish list that I add to daily on Pinterest. You have no idea how much I am restraining myself from making an amazon order of multiple prints. My small collection of four will have to do for now. *sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment