Pages

Monday 14 September 2015

THIS PAST WEEK #11 WELL DONE LINDSAY


Congratulations to all Great North Run 2015 finishers, especially to my big sister who completed the 13.1 mile run for the first time yesterday.
 

After an early start yesterday to take my sister to the start line, then the worst metro journey ever to meet her at the finish, followed by an hour and a half of queuing and finishing with another nightmarish metro journey, I could not find the energy to write a blog post last night. 

Last Wednesday I went with my one of my best friends to see ‘Legend’, starring double Tom Hardy. I really enjoyed the film, if you want to hear more you can read my full review here. Of course we had to pay a visit to Handmade Burger Kitchen first, quickly becoming one of my favourite places to eat. It is comfort food done at its very best, peanut butter and bacon all day.

I have never enjoyed cooking as much as I have these past two weeks, on Thursday I invited my friends around and cooked chicken pie and mash (recipe here). I admit that I didn’t make my own pastry; Jus-Rol is just so much easier for the novice pie maker over here. As my sister and her boyfriend coming to stay, and to make use of some conveniently overly ripe bananas, I made a banana loaf cake (recipe here). My photo taking skills do not do my culinary creations justice; trust me when I say they were deee-licious. 



This is my final week at home before I head back to Sheffield for my second year of Public Relations and Media. If you’re heading to university for the first time this month, I wish you the best of luck. The countdown to my fresher’s week officially begins here…


No comments:

Post a Comment