Pages

Sunday 5 July 2015

THIS PAST WEEK #1 NEW HOME PREPARATIONS


After returning from my girls’ holiday in Crete a week ago last Tuesday I have managed to escape holiday blues. The warm weather that we have recently had in England definitely helps. However, it has been firmly established that I was not created for hot weather. Between sun burn (ginger skin problems), hay fever, mosquito bites and prickly heat let’s just say that I’m best suited to a cooler climate. Along with the humid atmosphere this week we have also had a couple of storms, on Wednesday night there was even hail stones the size of golf balls here in the North East.

On Tuesday I went with one of my best friends for lunch and to see Jurassic World. Honestly I have mixed feelings on the film. Watch this space for my thoughts on it tomorrow. It will be the first ever (sort of) review that I’ve ever shared so I’m a little nervous about it.

Last night was my first night volunteering at Destiny Streetworx soup kitchen, a local soup kitchen charity that provides food and survival essentials to the homeless in Newcastle. I’d wanted to find some volunteering opportunities for my long summer break so that I could put my many of hours of free time to good use. After seeing the poster a few weeks ago I sent in an application and went along yesterday. If you’re in the Newcastle area and are looking to volunteer or donate, visit the Destiny Streetworx website, http://destinystreetworx.co.uk/.

Next week I will be moving out from my room in halls of residence and in to a new bedroom in a shared student house in Sheffield. Today was spent shopping for new bedding in the homeware haven that is IKEA. The idea of decorating a new room fills me with all sorts of glee. I can’t wait to get in to my new bedroom and make it my own but I will be a little sad to leave my little halls bedroom. It’s seems like the final goodbye to first year and being a fresher. Don’t even mention how much I’ll miss the en-suite bathroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment