Pages

Monday 11 July 2016

MY ANTICIPATED FILM RELEASES: JULY 2016

So far this summer is shaping up to be a great one at the cinema; let’s see what July has to offer...

Image Source: imdb,com
Ghostbusters
UK Release Date: 11/07/16

The film that had the most disliked trailer ever on YouTube and really divided people. Like many I wasn’t a fan of the first trailer, I found it sloppy and it made me worried about the future of this film. This will be the first of a handful of films that are being reinvented with a cast of all female protagonists; it feels like there is a lot riding on the quality of Ghostbusters. The second trailer and newer promotional material are so much better than the first glimpse but really I was always going to want to see this film. I trust Paul Feig, Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig to make a genuinely funny and exciting adventure comedy. I hope people remember that this is more a reinvention and not just a remake.

Watch the trailer here.

Image Source: imdb.com
Jason Bourne
UK Release Date: 29/07/16

Matt Damon is back as Jason Bourne and Paul Greengrass is back as Bourne Director. Action Thriller may not be the genre that I reach for the most but I am very excited about this new Bourne instalment. It took me a long time to get to but I really enjoyed The Bourne Ultimatum and now I’m eagerly anticipating this new Bourne as Matt Damon is back in arguably the role he is best known for. Jason Bourne now remembers who he truly is and is trying to uncover hidden truths about his past. Julia Stiles is also back, new cast members include Tommy Lee Jones and Alicia Vikander.

Watch the trailer here.


Honourable mention: The Legend of Tarzan and The BFG

What has been your favourite film of the summer so far?


No comments:

Post a Comment