Pages

Sunday 9 August 2015

THIS PAST WEEK #6 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TILLY


Today is the 10th birthday of a very special Springer Spaniel. It’s scary that we have had her for almost ten years now, can time stop going so fast please? When I was younger I was dog obsessed and was promised a west highland terrier when I turned ten, my favourite breed at the time. When I was seven we got our first family dog, not a Westie but a Springer Spaniel that we named ‘Cleo’. A breed that I had never even heard of quickly became my favourite, like all spaniels they have such gorgeous natures and true characters. Unfortunately when Cleo was only 3 and a half years old she suddenly got very sick and passed away.

Any dog owner will know that a dog quickly becomes part of your family and when they’re not there it is not easy to forget. Within a couple of weeks we had found a ten week old springer spaniel puppy that would become our new pet. Even though I do miss her being this small, when I could easily pick her up for an abundance of cuddles - she was a little devil before she grew in to an adult. Like a fine wine or cheese, she got better with age (and remained just as cute).


 After a few busy weeks this week has been mostly uneventful, it mainly involved going on a very steep dog walk to the local park with my friend Rebecca. Of course said walk had to include stopping at the chippy while we were there for sustenance before the walk back. This weekend has been another good one though. Yesterday afternoon I met up with friends from sixth form that I haven’t seen in almost a year. It was so nice to see everyone and we can always count on there being zero awkwardness as we just fall back in to chatting as if we’re still seeing each other every day. Sixth Form was two of the best years of my life, I still get so nostalgic about it during countless ‘remember when’s’. While A-levels are extremely stressful and some of the hardest and most high pressure exams you’ll ever take, years 12 and 13 can still be a lot of fun.

As a first of my life I went to get my eye brows done today. I had a brow wax and tint from Benefit after my friend Liz had recommended it. I’d been wanted to get them sorted professionally for a long time but I’d always put it off in case I was too much of a wimp for the pain. Honestly its almost painless and very quick, nothing to be scared of. Although £19.50 is a little more than I’d like to pay on a regular I am very happy with the results, let’s just call it a payday treat.

The newest TV show that has me hooked is AMC’s ‘The Walking Dead’, horror isn’t my go-to genre but I’m really enjoying it. Yes, the characters are a little annoying at times and you need a strong stomach for the amount of gore per episode but it’s so damn addictive. Next week I am hoping to have a cinema trip at some point, I had hoped to see the new reboot of Fantastic Four but I’ve been tracking reviews and I’m yet to see a single positive opinion. Have any of you seen it, what did you think? I should just see it and form my own opinion, at this point I think my viewing will be tainted either way.  Maybe I should find myself in an Ant Man screening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment