Pages

Sunday 19 July 2015

THIS PAST WEEK #3 THE BEST ROAST


This may be sacrilege but I’ve never really been a huge fan of a roast dinner. The British institution of the Sunday roast was always something I just put up with at the end of the weekend. It wasn’t until I moved away to university and wasn’t having one fortnightly that I realised how perfect it is to round of a week. Say goodbye to the weekend in an entirely indulgent way, ready to greet a new week. Today I went with my parents to the ‘South Causey Inn’, a local hotel/restaurant, for the best carvery. Sorry Toby, this is the king. If you’re in the County Durham/Newcastle area I would recommend it completely.
  
Yet again I am writing this while desperately wanting to take a nap. Yes, I’m 19 going on 85. Last night I was out celebrating my friend’s 20th birthday in Durham and since my parents have been away in the Lake District this weekend I was also playing dog sitter. No matter what your bedtime, springer spaniels don’t understand Sunday lie in’s when they want their morning walk.

A well photographed pooch 

Besides the weekend this week has been mostly uneventful. I finally got around to watching the last three episodes of Outlander if that counts as exciting? Outlander is one of the most underrated shows, I am so sad this season has finished and I will have to wait months before Jamie Fraser is back on my screen.  If you’re a fan of epic historical fiction, period dramas then you need to watch it. Another TV show that I will admit to being a little obsessed with this week is channel 4’s ‘Married at First Sight’. I’d heard about the American version of the same name when it first aired last year. If you haven’t heard about it, it basically follows couples who are matched up after taking multiple compatibility tests and the first time they ever meet their ‘match’ is at the altar before marrying them. It’s pretty extreme reality TV but the concept fascinates me.

I’m working Monday to Friday next week and also going back to volunteer at the soup kitchen tomorrow and at the weekend I’m off to visit my friend Lucy from university. After a relatively quiet week this week I am very excited for it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment