Pages

Sunday 26 July 2015

THIS PAST WEEK #4 IN A FIELD NEAR PETERBOROUGH

 

This week has been very long, tiring but pretty super-duper. Hence this short and sweet summary today, it’s Sunday evening and I have some serious catching up on sleep to do.

My weekdays have been mostly uneventful. I’ve been working mornings this week and the student life sleep schedule that I find myself in might mean that the 6:30 alarm is the stuff of nightmares. Although I have enjoyed being back in to a routine, even if it just for a fortnight.

This weekend I visited my friend Lucy from university and stayed with her and her family. On Saturday we went paintballing. It was the first time I’d ever been and I don’t mind admitting that I was very scared. Everyone I’d spoken to prior had said that it really hurts and I’d be covered in bruises by the end. It was actually really funny and I came away relatively unscathed. That could have something to do with my limited skill with a paint ball gun and the small amount of time I spent in each game. The worst hit was one to the face which caused the paint to explode in my mouth, in case you hadn’t guessed, it tastes disgusting. I’m definitely not saying that paintball bruises are some cruel myth – most of the others could vouch to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment