Pages

Sunday 2 August 2015

THIS PAST WEEK #5 RAIN, SAND & SEA

On Wednesday I went with my friend Rebecca to see Pixar’s new animation ‘Inside Out’. I spoke about how excited I was for this film in my ‘Anticipated Movie Releases: July, August & September’ which you can read here. My expectations were very high and it exceeded them all. Honestly it is one of the smartest and emotional kid’s movies I’ve ever seen and I’d recommend it to adults even more than children.


I also have to give an honourable mention to the animated short that plays before Inside Out, ‘Lava’. One of the most random things you’ll ever see, it’s a short story about two volcanoes off the coast of Hawaii that are looking for love. It is very cute and has a song that will be stuck in your head for the rest of the day. Before we went in to the cinema we went for burgers at Handmade Burger Company. After previously eying it up I went for the peanut butter, bacon and chilli jam on beef, and before judging the unusal combo, trust me when I say it was delicious.

On Friday night I had a girl’s night in with my two best friends and we watched ‘Walking on Sunshine’. Possibly one of the cheesiest films in existence and is a blatant attempt to match the success of ‘Mamma Mia’ but we can forgive that for its super 80’s soundtrack. 

Today I went for a walk along the beach with my parents and our springer spaniel, Tilly. The beach in august should be a no brainer, amirite? Well it hasn’t exactly been sunshine and rainbows this week but the beaches in the north east are always lovely even underneath thick grey clouds. After a walk we went to have a look around a vintage car rally that was on this weekend at Druridge Bay. 



I won’t pretend to know anything about cars, vintage or otherwise, but it was very interesting to look around and perfect excuse to get an ice cream while wandering. As an added bonus I got in for free after saying I was under 16. Hey, I’m almost 20 but I’m all for pretending to be 15 to some get free entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment