Pages

Monday 31 August 2015

THIS PAST WEEK #9 CELEBRATIONS CONTINUE


Happy Bank Holiday to all! This post comes to you a day late as my Sunday was unusually busy so I didn’t get the chance to write anything.

While my birthday was over a week ago now, this week the celebrations have continued. On Tuesday I went out for dinner with my parents. We visited ‘The Cross Keys’, a country pub near Durham that does really great pub grub. The menu is made up of quite simple dishes but everything is homemade and delicious. I had the smoked salmon and crayfish cocktail to start and then an 8oz sirloin steak. Last night I went for an Italian meal with my two best friends. My friend Liz was unable to come to my birthday party last Friday so what better excuse to go for pizza? I try to limit my intake of dairy to help my skin but yesterday was a massive cheat day with that amazing chicken and meatball pizza (and profiteroles for dessert shh). 20 ain’t so bad.

Saturday night was my last time for a while volunteering at ‘Destiny Streetworx’ soup kitchen. I know I have mentioned this a few times before but I would definitely encourage you to take a look at their website or Facebook page. They have such a good thing going and help so many people each week but are always in need of help. 

On Sunday I was, again, at IKEA. Someone seriously needs to rein me in. I just can’t help myself but to get so excited about personalising a new bedroom. Even if this time next year I’ll have packed up and left said room and be on my placement year. I remember two years ago when I first went to buy all of the homeware pieces I needed for university, I ended up with a carful of pans, plates, glasses, pillows, cutlery, duvet covers… and I thought that would serve me for the whole time I was at university. I’m not sure what has happened but after yesterday that is my fourth trip just to get bits for university. If you’re starting university this year, my advice would be to not spend a lot of money on fancy kitchenware. If you’re anything like my clumsy self, plates and glasses with get broken, cutlery misplaced and food will get burnt on to pans (I’m not even a bad cook).

I hope you have all had a lovely week!


No comments:

Post a Comment